Monday 27 May 2013

Some Mondays are just better than others.

Putting aside for a moment that I am still yet to see L'importance d'être serieux today has been a fantastic day. I've been working hard all day, on posters, on translations, on storyboards - little morsels of work that kept me ticking over all day. I also had a student in at lunchtime who's an absolute joy; a rapacious reader who decided she'd try A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, despite English being her second language. Russians are hardcore physically and mentally, it seems.

I also went to see my Monday night student early, which means I've eaten and taught and written and made exceedingly good time - which of course is worryingly indicative that I've forgotten to do something. That something currently escapes me, but rest assured it'll wake me up, sweating with fear, at about 3 tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately that's all I've got for you at the moment. I'm working on a couple of other bits and pieces at the moment, which may explain the brevity of the post. I might show you them a little later, if I can, but I suspect it'll be a bit tricky. We'll see.

Thanks for reading as always.

Also, if you ever want some encouragement to work harder at the language you're learning, get a Russian to borrow A Brief History of Time from you. Nothing is more encouraging for a competitive person like me than seeing someone try to bring their second language to bear on that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment